Investigation #6

Yiyang Hu
Prof.Robson
AP Art
2/18/2019

1. What is the question guiding your art making?
How can I draw chiaroscuro with white charcoal?

  
2. How does your artwork reflect your exploration of this question visually?
I took this photo using strong lighting to add old drama. I also put chess pieces turned over to lead the eye to the plant. I used the rule of thirds and kept the plant the brightest in one spot. First, l fill the whole paper with black then l slowly built up to white highlights with white charcoal pencil. I contrasted this extreme darkness and lights for the style of older classic and mystery.

3. How did practice, experimentation, and/or revision play a role in the making of this piece?
The hardest part of this piece is to draw the tiny leaves and flowers. I tried it over and over again to draw out its details.  



My sketchbook 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investigation #1

Investigation #3