Investigation #5

Yiyang Hu
Prof.Robson
AP Art
1/30/2020

1. What is the question guiding your art making?
How can I draw chiaroscuro with warm tone watercolor?

  
2. How does your artwork reflect your exploration of this question visually?
I took a picture of my mother holding a candle in a dark room to get a strong contrast between the light and the dark. Cause I finished a black and white one before, so this time, I want to try the color one, so I edited this original photo into warm colors. And I've also blurred the details of the characters in order to focus on the character's temperament instead of highlighting her features. I used warm colors such as incarnadine, red, orange and yellow to show my mother's tenderness and love. And these colors are also made her stand out in the dark background of chiaroscuro.


3. How did practice, experimentation, and/or revision play a role in the making of this

Color toning is a difficulty for this work and in order to get the color I want, I mix it repeatedly on another paper.

                                                    original photo

                                            Edited photo

process
                                        

                                              finished piece

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investigation #1

Investigation #3

Investigation #6